Tuesday 5 February 2013

Ta Da Cushion (and feeling yuck!)

Well today is the fifth day of sickness in our little corner of Cornwall. I have been feeling very very yuck indeed and so dragged myself to the doctors yesterday - I came away with a diagnosis of throat and ear infections and £15 less money as had to have two prescriptions! Oh joy... suffice to say I have not been in much of a mood for anything crafty or food related. I am constantly tired from it all and despite really wanting to crochet (or sew, or knit... or.... ) I am too tired after two or three rounds and end up falling asleep!!!

I have, however, completed my cushion cover!!! I am really impressed with it and proud of my achievement! This is the first real thing I have crocheted and only learnt a few weeks ago thanks to Youtube. After many years at knitting, crochet is a fantastic find!! It grows quickly and I am able to see the mistakes that I have made and more often than not I can correct them... this is something that I suffer with whilst knitting.

I chose to use an acrylic yarn from Stylecraft to complete the cushion and I got the pattern from this book:

 
This was a special treat bought for my husband whilst on holiday in late October and I began the cushion at the beginning of December.
 
I deliberatly chose some more vibrant colours after being inspired by Lucy over at Attic24. I have not used all of the colours that she uses... this is for another project in the future!
 
I did each side in a slightly different colour combination... I used the vibrant colours on one side:
 
 
 
... and then on the reverse I used them alternated with a cream round inbetween.

 
 Here it is resting nicely on the recliner chair in the lounge... I am loving snuggling up to it in the evenings and now cannot wait to make the blanket to match it for the lounge! Although I have also purchased some other yarns for at least two more cushions in different designs that I have disovered on my travels through blogland! The granny square blanket is the favoured option at the moment as I can just about manage a round before feeling exhausted!
 
Hope you like the cushion as much as I do!
 
Until next time... x
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment