Friday 8 February 2013

Blanket Beginnings

This week I have spent the whole week trying to recover from this awful tonsilitus and have spent lots of time resting on the sofa. I would not have managed this week without my Mum and Dad who have been magnificent with DS as DH has been at work (and at the moment is working shifts!!) so they have kept the little one happy for most of the week. Today a very special friend came around and she arrived with a gorgeous bunch of flowers to cheer me up! They are now say in my lounge window enjoying the view! They certainly did cheer me up...

When I have felt up to it though, I have managed a spot of crochet and I am so pleased to say that I have decided to carry on with my blanket... I first began this before Christmas but then lots of things took over and I put it aside. Well this week, after completing the cushion, I decided that I needed to crack on with the blanket. I found the inspriation for the blanket from here and here - I saw these blankets and knew instantly that I wanted one of these. I love all the blankets that I see - especially from Lucy at Attic24 - these fill me with inspiration and so I embarked on this one.

So I collected up my wool that had been used for the cushion - as they are made from the same yarns and colours, put it into my basket and began the task.
I love seeing it altogether in the basket - although a task I do need to do is make a lining for basket as the yarns keep snagging on the loose willow... I will need to have a trawl of the internet for some ideas!

This week has seen it progress from a set of unfinished granny circles into at last a set of finished squares.


Adding the cream edging is refreshingly familiar now...


A set of completed squares ready for assembly...


Lined up and trying of different combinations!

 
I have got these seven colours but I am not sure on the order for the assembling yet as I have not spent the time to workout all the different combinations of colours and I am just completing the Granny Squares as the feeling takes me... I have decided to make about 25 and then put them together as by then I should have a broad enough range to see the different colour combinations.
 
I have to say though, that I am loving the simplicity of the pattern and having never completed a granny square before this I am very impressed! I feel that they allow my creativity to flow without too much time before another one can be made.
 
I am hoping that this blanket will become a family treasure... we have one upstairs that was given to my parents for a wedding present over 35 years ago and it is beautiful and treasured by all of us... DS included!
 
Anyway, the paracetamol seem to be working so I am off to do some hooking whilst the headaches allow me to!
 
Until next time...
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the hooking, V - what gorgeous colours! Sending love and hugs for a speedy recovery xx

    ReplyDelete