Monday 22 October 2012

Taking Time Out...

I have to make a confession... I have at times been a complete workaholic and thrown myself into my career without thinking of the effect on myself or my family. These past two weekends I have made a conscious effort to take time out for myself and as a family unit and I really can say I relaxed.

Family time has always been important to me and I have always taken time out for that but the problem has arisen when I have failed to take time for myself or if work has encroached on family time...

This weekend I went to Frugal Queen's house to make a quilt! You must understand that whilst I love knitting, all embroidery and crochet - I have not really ever used a sewing machine! There I was off for a whole day quilting!! I packed the car and set off the 5 miles that lie between our houses... Upon arrival I was met with the most friendly of responses which continued all day. I was joined by 3 other wonderful ladies who I had never met before and then the five of us set off on our quilting adventure. A wonderful day with real laughter and fun. Everyone was so relaxed and 'at home'.

I feel that as British we are often too scared to say 'I am proud of that' but I am really proud of the start of my quilt that I had achieved by the end of the day! I will try and post a picture later but at the moment the camera is not playing nicely!

After such a lovely day on Saturday I was really looking forward to a family day out on Sunday.... I had recently been sent a Groupon offer for the Monkey Sanctuary in Looe... we have lived on this side of Cornwall for over two years now and up until yesterday we had never been to the sanctuary... it was lovely and really important place. You are not encouraged to interact with the monkeys as they are rescue animals and therefore they are trying to de-imprint the animals.... They are so gorgeous though and it is hard not to blow kisses at the various species.

I have a day off tomorrow and intend on having some guilt free fun tomorrow too! :)

Until tomorrow
V

No comments:

Post a Comment