Saturday 13 October 2012

New Beginnings...

I apologise for the length of time between posts... I have been very busy here with moving!

We have been talking about a new move for a long time... two years ago we moved back to my childhood home county of Cornwall. Dear Husband (DH) fell in love with it straight away as did my then almost two year old little boy (DS) - I had always been in love with the county... although growing up on the wild North coast was very different to the tamer south coast. We moved into a really lovely house but it was rented... the whole time that we were there I was haunted by the fear that we would get notice that the landlord wanted to sell etc... I also felt haunted by the fact that we were pouring money into another person's pocket each month at an alarming rate! We began to have converstations with my parents who were also not happy in their house and so began The Plan!

We decided that we could begin to look for somewhere to live together... there were stipulations that were put into the mix from the beginning... we would each own half of the property and that there had to be separate living areas. We began the search one (very rare!) sunny July afternoon and were crossing houses off our short list at a rapid pace.... too small, not enough space, small garden, main road.... and so the list went on! We were soon nearly out of hope for the afternnon and we drove around the corner to see this:


We all fell in love straight away and the long and short of it is that it is now ours after a long arduous battle with solitors etc... We moved in over the last weekend of September and had amazing friends who came to help us! We have been living out of boxes for two weeks but there seems to be some kind of normality descended on us now.

The living arrangements are perfect... company when we want it and privacy when we want that... bills beginning to be less due to splitting down the middle and most important DS has all of us under one roof! He loves it and splits his time between the lounges choosing where he wants to be at that moment!

As well as all this new moving I had also been desperate to learn to crochet because of this ... I wanted desperately to make a version of this and so decided that I would learn!

I went to the local wool warehouse in Saltash which has wool from floor to ceiling as I wanted to see the widest selection of colours that I could together to make my choices. I chose a selection of 6 colours plus a base of cream.

I then began to crochet... after a few battles with the hooks I began to produce something that resembled a crocheted circle!

This is the result now...


And here....


I am now waiting for some more so I can then make them into the first stripe for the blanket as I think I prefer the 'mass makeup' method.

I will keep you updated... until soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment