Friday 30 December 2011

Holiday Knitting

I love these holidays! They have allowed me to ensure that I spend time with Ethan (the most important) and then also allowed me some proper relaxation time! Despite having guests over the festive period I have not felt guilty when I have taken time out for myself! This is a transformation as I normally run around like a headless chicken for the whole two weeks then return to school (I am a teacher!) a nervous wreck and counting down the days until the February half term!


I have spent time cooking, reading, researching blogging and crafting. I am currently working on a waistcoat/tank top for Ethan in Sirdar Crofter wool. I love the varigated colours that come with this yarn and it is lovely and soft to knit with. I did have a disaster when I was at my Knit and Natter session a couple of weeks ago... I was happily clicking away on my needles, returned to the pattern and then realised that I had been following the pattern for the cardigan! Needless to say there were a few curses and then I had to rip it back for quite a large amount of rows! All sorted and I embarked on the other side... I am now about a third of the way up the right front. I love doing it but I am dreading the borders as they are added afterwards by going along and picking up the stitches and then ribbing. I have never done this and at the moment I am torn between just knitting a separate border and then sewing it on!



Ethan knows he is getting this garment and keeps asking when it is going to be ready! Nothing like an impatient 3 year old to boost the knitting bug...







I must return to my knitting bag and attempt a few more rows before attempting to tidy the house in readiness for more guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment