Tuesday 15 May 2012

Scrapbook/Diary ideas....

I am a complete camera addict and would love to follow my Dad's footsteps with his talent for photography... Last year he upgraded his camera (to an eye watering one!) and I was the lucky person to get his 'old' camera - it was only a couple of years old!! It is a 'proper' SLR camera and I love it - this means that I take many, many photos when out and often wish that I was able to be more creative... that is a story for another day! I have decided that I am going to make a scrapbook/diary/album using all the pictures to document our family life over the year.


I try to enhance Ethan's life by taking him to experience many different things and it is an important part of my life. I love spending time with him exploring and experiencing things - many of our adventures do not cost anything or are part of a membership scheme such as The National Trust and so we often spend time out without spending any money - an extra bonus! I felt that it was a travesty to leave these photos in their digital form and so the idea of the scrapbook diary was born. I have spent time scrapbooking before but never really developed it. I have decided to make a visit to Trago Mills (a recent bargain store) and gather resources and will have a go at the beginning stages this weekend.


I really think it is important to document our lives (even things such as first time washing the car with Daddy!) to pass onto our future generations and not only that but also to look back on personally and see the things that we have shared together over the years. I hope that it becomes a family treasure...

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. A scrapbook sounds like a lovely idea. We took so many photos of No. 1 Son but have hardly any of No.2 and I do regret it now. Like you say they are very important for them to see when they are older.

    I too live near a Trago Mills, the Devon one. They're great aren't they?

    Best of Luck with it, can't wait to see the results.

    Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete